Monday, January 24, 2011

Potrero life continues

Note: This post is a day late posting due to the lack of reliable Mexican internet...

We had our second rest day today - caught up on some card games and hanging out that obviously needed to get done.  It's a really hard life here, as I'm sure you can tell.  We did less today than even our last rest day.  The only big thing I (Nyssa) did today was that early this afternoon I took a shower in my new climbing shoes that have been killing my feet and since then I've been wearing them around to stretch them out.  I actually just took them off because my feet are wet, shriveled and pretty cold now that it's night here.  But hopefully it did the job and I will be able to climb in them from now on without wanting to cry every time I put weight on a foot...

Since the last post of our climb of Estrellita we've just been cragging mostly.  We did an awesome two pitch climb called Mecasuit (5.10a, 5.11a) that I really enjoyed.  I'm hoping to be able to lead 5.11a by the time we leave and I think if it's like the one in Mecasuit I'll be all set.  The first pitch had a cool roof in it and the second pitch was all small crimper holds with decent feet - totally my style.  Tomorrow we are set to do a 15 pitch, 1500 ft climb called Yankee Clipper.  We're pretty excited to get up really high again!  Hopefully we'll get some good pictures from it too.  Until then here are a couple of pictures that I took of Rich while we were cragging.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. You poor things. Too much sunshine? I'm sure you heard it was -34˚ here this week?

    Matt and I are getting all set to move. Hope y'all are having fun!

    ReplyDelete